Tuesday, August 4, 2015

new month - new thoughts



Started this month on holiday from my JOB - it is such an incredible sense of freedom to wake up and know that the day is my own.  Sure, I still have family responsibilities and there are chores to do but, the sense that I can plan the day and have the room and space to breath and think and make plans and dream and read and write and cook on my own terms is pretty much where it is at and this is why I am doing my business.

I have one week.  I have some definite goals for this week.  One of then being to kick start the amount of physical activity I am doing on a regular daily basis.  So far so good.  I have been walking every day of the weekend and yesterday we hiked up one of the local mountains.  I am back to using myfitnesspal and I was quite thrilled to find out a burned 1404 calories on my hike.  Woo Hoo.  My fitness pal is only as good as the person using it - you need to be accountable for everything you eat and you need to be honest - this just makes you more mindful.  I know it works - I used it consistently about 3 years ago and it was a very effective tool.  

I am feeling much more focused on my goals.  The two big ones are fitness and physical well being.  I need to be leaner and stronger.  I want to be leaner and stronger.  The other big goal is financial.  I am pretty much done with being broke.  Squeezed.  Which is NOT to say I am not grateful for all that I have and the live I do lead but, I want to do more things - create more things - share experiences with my family.

I am reading again.  Books.   Hallelujah! I really fell off the wagon - and out of the habit.  I am back to reading for a short time in the am - usually non fiction - inspirational - business - personal development - training books.  But, I am also committed to reading some more fiction.   I never stopped reading - but reading a book is a different experience than reading an article online.  I am attempting to sit and be still and read for at least 30 minutes.  It has been a challenge to sit still for that long and FOCUS on what I am reading.  I keep the phone and distractions away.

Writing - just getting the words out.  This too is something I stopped doing and I am committed to changing that behaviour and writing at least 10 minutes every day.  

Here's to hitting the reset button and moving forward. 






1 comment:

  1. sounds like it is not so easy now for you. God be with you. You and your family are still in our prayers. glad you are able to read again.

    ReplyDelete