Is your life in transition? Did you experience a major life changing event? Are you wondering which road to travel? Are you even looking at a map? Life Coaching can be a way to help you navigate or even a discover a new path. Let's chat.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Saturday, July 1, 2017
- morning walks with Mr. W - now that school is out for the summer we are changing up our routines
- found flowers - consciously seeking out blooms and blossoms when I am out and about
- cherry season - okanagan cherries are just hitting the lower mainland - scheming as to when we can make a quick trip home to pick up a supply as we LOVE them
- New coaching contacts - I have met some incredible people these last few weeks - opportunities to learn are all around me
- Home grown lettuce - our garden is a simple affair; lettuce, herbs and tomatoes
Summer time means we change up the routines here. Last half of the year begins now. This weekend I will spend some time revisiting my word of the year. DECISIVE. I will re orientate myself and revisit my goals for this year. I will do some self -evaluation. I will finish my Summer Manifesto. Do you write one? Basically, it is just a huge list of all the things we would wish to do this summer. We do not get too bent out of shape if things don't get done but, it is an opportunity to remind ourselves of seasonal activities that we might sometimes just neglect for don't give ourselves time to plan... to execute.
Friday, June 23, 2017
- Still basking in the glory of completing my Life Coach certification
- the connections and friendships made through the course
- my sunroom where are all my mornings are spent
- for a goodbye kiss from my son
- the sunshine
- deck time
Crazy another week has passed - in fact - it looks like I missed a Friday. This weekend is going to be good. The sunshine feels eternal... Projects back on the docket after being suspended to study, study, study. Tragically Hip concert streaming Saturday. Business meeting. Making plans and remaining open to all the possibilities. Breathing in and out.
Friday, June 9, 2017
- seeing my daughter - she is hanging around a bit more - emphasis on the bit
- conversations with my sister
- cooler evenings after that crazy blast of warm weather - which I love - but the transition to summer temps was fast and there was little time to adjust
- library books - I LOVE THE LIBRARY SO MUCH
- hot, black coffee in the morning
Happy Friday people. Are we fighting the fight? I have created another new hashtag for myself - #foundbeauty - I will be using it throughout the remainder of the year - reminder to look for beauty in the everyday. Similar to #findthelight but; more specific to images.
I have a list of projects to triage for the weekend. A couple of missing items to be found. One of them is the vase on the left hand side of the photo. The other is Mr. W diplomas from UBC and SFU. We are making a small exception to our Friday night date night schedule and switching it to Saturday. I am hoping the sunshine will come back very soon.
Friday, June 2, 2017
- The weekend on Bowen Island with my extended family
- The days and days of consistent sunshine
- My first coaching sessions are done and so grateful for the individuals who stepped up to be practicum clients
- Family dinner on Wednesday - everyone was at the table for the first time in a long time
- A crazy email that opened up a new possibility
It is raining again but, I know the sun will shine again soon and so I am not terribly distressed. I am looking forward to some good learning this weekend and finishing painting my new office space. Happy Weekending!
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Guys. I was challenged to use one word to describe the weekend. I chose: Productive. We accomplished so much this long weekend. The weather was spectacular and that definitely helped... but I also have way more energy.... here is the thing... I did not realize I was struggling with my energy levels until I actually started seeing improvement. My first clue is that I was making mental lists of all the things we were going to do this long weekend. It dawned on me that I was saying the words .. on the weekend we are going to do this or that... I decided I had better start writing the projects down. I did and they were substantial. Here is the thing... it did not phase me. Whereas a month before I am certain I would have given up without even starting. So. Why the change? Well, a big part of it has to do with the fact that I went to see a naturopath about hot flashes ... yep. I did. But... in that discussion we started talking about energy levels and thyroid function... and after some tests... it appeared my thyroid was not functioning at an optimum level... so we have made some adjustments and I am taking some magnesium... and I am feeling better. I know I have more energy because we accomplished so many things.
What I learned is that we make slow adjustments and we do not even notice we are making them.
That sometimes we need help in seeing what is actually happening.
Sometimes is is not just in our heads.
It is good to have someone else evaluate what is actually going on and give us feedback.
Being self aware is a good thing; and recognizing we might need a bit of help and being willing to accept it is also a good thing.
Some big changes are happening soon. More to come.
Friday, May 19, 2017
- Long weekend is upon us
- mid week Donairs with Hannah
- the new BBQ works like a charm
- fast recovery from the cold/flue I endured last weekend
- a gifted box of new to me clothes
The long weekend is almost here. The promise of sunshine sits just outside the hazy morning. I dare to believe I will sit on my deck and bask in the warm rays. For the past week I have been saying "on the long weekend we will do X..." at some point on Thursday I realized the list was getting long and unwieldy and I had better start writing things down. I created a page in my journal just for all the tasks/ chores/ projects/ hopes and desires for the weekend - not so much a to do list but just a brain dump. Then we can prioritize and plan. There are inside chores and outside projects. It is all about clarity. Not everything will get done, and that will be OK. Happy Weekending.