Tuesday, May 23, 2017

checking in and feeling well



Guys.   I was challenged to use one word to describe the weekend.  I chose:  Productive.  We accomplished so much this long weekend.  The weather was spectacular and that definitely helped... but I also have way more energy.... here is the thing... I did not realize I was struggling with my energy levels until I actually started seeing improvement.  My first clue is that I was making mental lists of all the things we were going to do this long weekend.  It dawned on me that I was saying the words .. on the weekend we are going to do this or that... I decided I had better start writing the projects down.  I did and they were substantial.  Here is the thing... it did not phase me.  Whereas a month before I am certain I would have given up without even starting.  So.  Why the change?  Well,  a big part of it has to do with the fact that I went to see a naturopath about hot flashes ... yep.  I did.  But... in that discussion we started talking about energy levels and thyroid function... and after some tests... it appeared my thyroid was not functioning at an optimum level... so we have made some adjustments and I am taking some magnesium... and I am feeling better.  I know I have more energy because we accomplished so many things.  

What I learned is that we make slow adjustments and we do not even notice we are making them.  
That sometimes we need help in seeing what is actually happening.
Sometimes is is not just in our heads.  
It is good to have someone else evaluate what is actually going on and give us feedback.
Being self aware is a good thing; and recognizing we might need a bit of help and being willing to accept it is also a good thing.

Some big changes are happening soon.  More to come.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment