Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Post Thanksgiving and the beginning of #whole30




Post Thanksgiving - all the anticipation of the 50th birthday and the long weekend and having Luke home is behind us.  So strange to carry all the anticipation for so long and now the time is in the past and just a memory.  Crazy.  We all are heading back into our own routines.  The boys headed back to Nelson yesterday afternoon, leaving later than this mum would have liked but, they arrived safely just past 9pm.  

I had to go into the office and work with my colleague to get our papers to press.  We had hoped that we would not have to do that but, it became evident on Friday afternoon we would - so we just accepted it and I enjoyed Sat and Sunday and did what needed to be done on Monday.  Things do need to change though - the systems we have in place do not seem to be helping and we are not progressing as fast as I would like.  

Now i start the Whole30 program.  It's not really a diet more of a cleanse - you eliminate sugar, alcohol, grrains, legumes, dairy for 30 days.  Then you reintroduce foods back into your system to see what kind of effect they have on you.  Today is day one.  I am committed to seeing it through.  I have told so many people that I am doing it I pretty much have to do it.  Personal integrity and accountability on the line.  Here we go.


1 comment:

  1. God bless. I know very much this: "Things do need to change though - the systems we have in place do not seem to be helping and we are not progressing as fast as I would like." story of my life and continued lessons on how little patience I have and how much I need.

    ReplyDelete