Tuesday, November 10, 2015

last day



Done.  Well almost done.  Today is the last day of my first round of #whole30.  I am quite thrilled I made it to the end.  It is a huge confidence booster that I was able to set myself upon a task and get the job done.  I am a little nervous about the introducing foods back into my diet - not going to lie.  I did shed some weight and that was one of my main goals was to jump start the metabolism on this 50 year old body.  Through this month I learned that sugar still does have a hold on me even though I rarely eat it - there were days the desire for something sweet was strong enough I had to practice serious distraction techniques.  I missed my glass of wine with dinner for sure.  I kept longing for the day I could put milk back in my coffee but, now that the day is close I might  not go back.  Will definitely introduce yogourt back and see how that goes.  I have been eating wheat free for several years.  I am not a zealot about it but, I definitely limit my consumption and I have noticed a big difference in how I feel.  So, I will continue to limit wheat.  First up on the other grains will be some brown rice.  I would totally recommend this program.  It is a big commitment and you need to be prepared.  Let me know if you decide to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment