Tuesday, September 27, 2016

expired and overexposed


London Drugs found my film.  Woohoo.  All that commotion for one roll of expired film.  Turns out most of them were over exposed... ugh.  So many variables.... my canon is old... I have not used it for months ... maybe a year... I had some challenges with the light metre.... not discounting basic operator error either... but there were a few good shots....

Kind of fitting for the way I am feeling these days.  Mel Robbins would say it is not about the feelings, actually Mr. W would share that sentiment as well as my parish priest.  Feelings are overrated for sure.  No one ever feels like doing things that move them forward.  Mr. W will never feel like eating salad rather than pizza.  I will never feel like dragging my sorry ass over to the elliptical machine first thing in the morning.  But, we need to do the work.

It comes down to whether the pain and discomfort of being in the same place for yet another year is too much and you draw that line in the sand ... I will get in shape; I will lose some weight; I will make more money.  And then you have to do the work... and the knowledge that if you don't do the work means you are settling for where you were or what you have or had.

When I think of all the things that we are looking at having to accomplish over the next 12 months, I start to get a bit panicky... and want to throw in the towel.  But, that would be giving up or in and I refuse to do that or be that person.  I am relentless.  If there is one thing I am it is that.

It is officially autumn.  That is always a good time to start again.  Last quarter of the year.  Finish strong Ramona.  Finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment