Thursday, December 15, 2016

Day 15 Remembering 2016 #findthelight


Day 15 What is something you have made this year?  What would you like to make in 2017?

I am posting a month's worth of prompts to focus my attention and reflect on the year of 2016.  Won't you join me here and/ or on Facebook, I would love some company.

I do not consider myself a maker: perhaps a baker.  I can bake cake.  My go to cake is sour cream poppyseed cake from this wonderful cookbook called The Greyston Bakery Cookbook and I am known to make some good treats at Christmas.   But, I am not the crafty one.  I do not make my own wreaths.... or artwork.... or build things... I can knit and crochet the basic stitches... I used to sew but, I do not do that either.  One thing I do want to do in 2017 is attend one of the mending retreats.  The whole idea of recycled fashion and mindful dressing is something I want to explore.

The other thing I have made this year are connections.  I have met some really great new people.  I have stepped out of my comfort zone and I am extremely grateful for all the new interactions and friends I have made.  

No comments:

Post a Comment