Saturday, December 31, 2016

Day 30 Remembering 2016 #findthelight




Day 30 If you could recommend one thing to someone, what would it be?  

I am posting a month's worth of prompts to focus my attention and reflect on the year of 2016.  Won't you join me here and/ or on Facebook, I would love some company.

Hmm... well the one thing would be to not give unsolicited advice ....so specific advice to specific individuals is never appreciated unless they are asking... my two 21 year old children have taught me this to me.  My hot tips for living are not really appreciated on an ad lib basis.  Despite my willingness to share my wisdom....learning to zip it up and not share is really a key to moving forward  Learning to ask them if they want to hear my thoughts.... is a far better approach.

But, in general if I were to recommend something to someone.. I would say get up earlier.  I aim to get up at 5:20 on week days.  For the most part I would say I have been successful, and the rewards are amazing.  I know this now.  If I get up at 5:20 there is time to read/ pray / meditate and do some physical activity.... the day unfolds much more efficiently and my demeanor and spirit is prepared.  If the thought of 5:20 is too much... get up a half hour earlier and spend some time with your journal / planner/ or just sit in the silence.  For real.  It is life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment