Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 4 Remembering 2016 #findthelight



Day 4:  What was the best concert you attended?  If you did not attend any live music events; what music inspired you the most this year?  What did you listen to the most?  What was the default music?  Why? What did you like about it?  Is it new music or old?  Or new to you?

I am posting a month’s worth of prompts to focus my attention and reflect on the year of 2016.  Won’t you join me here and/ or on Facebook / Ramona L Wildeman?  I would love some company.
Music is integral to my life.  My life has a soundtrack.  Music brings back memories.  For me, music can be therapeutic and cathartic.  I definitely am one of those people who listen to tracks on repeat.  Which is so much easier to do now that we have the digital formats.  I did not go to one single concert this year, at least to my knowledge.  I have sifted through the grey matter and nope....cannot recall any live music events... which is a little shocking because I usually get to one concert.  So, this is me making a mental note for 2017 - make an effort to see a musical event.  
I also cannot recall any new music making an appearance.  I have no new music in my iphone.  I listen to a radio station that plays 60's, 70's and 80/s these days.  The music of my past .... every once in a while a song will come on and I am transported back to university days.... or even high school.  This is not a bad thing; kind of like dusting out the cobwebs in the brain.   And then this happened:  Phil Collins made an appearance on The Tonight Show and sang In the Air Tonight ..... and it was/ is amazing.... this has pretty much been the song I listen to every morning at some point before starting my day.  This song goes way back to grade 10 and some difficult times navigating through some mental health challenges.   When it used to come on the radio I would change the channel because of the associations I had with it; but now since hearing this rendition .... the song has a new memory attached to it; one of overcoming and battling and celebrating and appreciating all that life has to offer.  I also take great delight that Phil has aged and is still rocking it..... gives me nothing but hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment