Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Day 7 Remembering 2016 #findthelight



Day 7:  What have you avoided doing thus far?  Will you do it?  

I am posting a month’s worth of prompts to focus my attention and reflect on the year of 2016.  Won’t you join me here and/ or on Facebook / Ramona L Wildeman , I would love some company.
What exactly do I mean by avoiding? Not doing something you know you should be doing? John Assaraf speaks about the difference between being interested vs committed. I have only been interested in becoming physically fit; not committed. If I am honest with myself, physical fitness does not take priority in my life... and it shows. Not only does it show, but I can feel it. My body almost feels like it is rebelling against itself right now. The mechanics of my body have changed. I have avoided making a commitment to regular exercise and becoming leaner and fitter. But, not making a commitment to myself I am choosing to regress because that is what happens. I have managed to do my back exercises .... which is saying something but... it is not enough. The line in the sand must be drawn again.... so I will make a commitment to become leaner and in better physical condition. If I want to go to Iceland and trek through the countryside next summer I will need to be in better shape. End of story.


No comments:

Post a Comment