Thursday, December 1, 2016

Remember 2016 Day 2 #findthelight




Day 2: What is one thing you have accomplished? How did it make you feel?
I am posting a month’s worth of prompts to focus my attention and reflect on the year of 2016. Won’t you join me here and/ or on Facebook / Ramona L Wildeman? I would love some company.
I hiked a major mountain this year, Gros Morne in Newfoundland. It was a major physical feat. I was not in the best of shape. In hindsight we did not have the best footwear, but I hiked it with comrads; the very best of friends. I felt a bit like Frodo… or maybe Samwise Gangee … shale and more shale and when we reached the summit; the wind was so cold and the fog had descended…. It felt like we were on the edge of the world. And then we had to hike down. It took what seemed like forever; rock and mud and more rock and more mud and then the forest and then we were home.
There were some serious conversations going on in my head. Talking myself down the mountain; paying no attention to the shaking legs and weak knees… pushing through discomfort. Reminding myself when I think I don’t have it in me to remember these moments and I actually do. I can do more than I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment