Sunday, February 12, 2017

the great meltdown 2017



Hard to believe this was a week ago.  We just finished walking around the neighbourhood; our only option at this point as all the trails are still covered in snow and ice and hazardous to our well being.  The last thing I want to do is sprain an ankle or twist a knee and cause disruption to the newly found exercise routines.

I managed to finish my first Japanese mending project.  Which has now inspired me to not give up on my denim blanket project.  We headed back out to the field of pussy willows with our medium format cameras and I dropped off two rolls of 35mm film.    I have almost caught up on my letter writing project.  The laundry is relatively under control....I get to listen to a hockey game and there is the remainder of our snow chilled winter ale.  Life is very good.  I am thankful for it all.

I am writing every day.  Not always here but always somewhere and that is very good.  I am also taking more photos.  I missed these activities.  I am reforming habits and practice and I am feeling more myself.  I am spending less time reading the news.  Don't get me wrong - I still do check in daily and I am of the firm belief that it is required reading and the guard cannot be let down.  But, it was getting to be too much.  I was becoming overwhelmed and paralyzed to the point of not doing anything.  Balance is essential.  It is a cliche to say, but nonetheless it is true.

I have ordered some fiction books from the library and I am committed to using what I have.... no new purchases for the first 6 months of the year; I am writing letter and using stationary that I have owned for years.  We are cleaning our closets.  We are going through old film negatives.  Sorting, clearing and making room.


1 comment: